John Fjeldsted joins the Global Wind Group Team as CEO
Posts Tagged ‘Grants’
Keys to successful renewable energy funding grant applications
We would like to share with your Global Wind Group Inc.’s experience in guiding the Rural Municipality of Morris through their successful application to the Manitoba Conservation Sustainable Development Innovations Fund for $25,000:
- Understand the purpose of the grant i.e. to study a new technology, reduce energy costs, and stimulate the ‘green’ economy.
- Use language contained in the grant description in the application.
- Connect the application with as many of the criteria as possible, be creative.
- Speak with the contact person before submitting the application. Listen carefully for key words or phrases that should be included in the application.
- Follow-up to confirm receipt of the application and ask about specific timelines, i.e. when the grant review committee meets next.
- Be patient, approving a grant takes a fair amount of time. After-all, you want grant money spent on truly meaningful projects, like yours.